This week we worked on links and how important it is to have links especially to hopefully build back links to our website from others websites. I have been wanting to add many links to my website, but hadn’t thought about others posting links to my website. This will definitely be something I will be working on in the near future.
We also reviewed our Google Analytics reports. I found that my Analytics and Adword accounts were not linked. I ended up calling Google at 1-866-246-6453 and they were very helpful. They were not able to help me delete the extra shell account with our good email on it. This is what is causing the problems I am having. I think I will cancel my adwords account when the class is over and then start it back up in that shell account that just needs to be completed. I just don’t need two running accounts doing the same thing.
We also learned about “Woorank”. I found it interesting to see that ranking and see the different problems it stated that I had. As to some of those problems, I don’t really think they are problems. An example was having underscores in some of my links. It suggested that I use hyphens, but my husband is a coder and says that it is always better to underscores. I need to look into this more.
Things I think I understand and can change are:
- meta tag description
- add a facebook account
- Text size
- Add custom 404 error
- Robots.txt (need to figure out what this is, but it says it is easy to solve.
My Woorank score was a 36.7. I don’t know if this is good, average, or bad. I just find there is more and more to learn and figure out each week.